Clear all

Best Water in Missouri, 4th in the United States

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@mofunnyfarm)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  
Independence, MO., water named best in Missouri, ranked 4th in the United States
Residents of the City of Independence raise a glass – of delicious award-winning tap water!
The City of Independence’s water has been named the best in Missouri and among the best in the world. Independence took home a fourth-place win in the United States ranking, and seventh in the world, at the 33rd annual Berkeley Springs International Water Tasting contest held in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia.
The competition is known as the longest-running water tasting competition in the world. Judges rate water on appearance, aroma and taste. More than a dozen countries and states enter the competition each year.
Independence municipal water has consistently placed high at the annual competition, having won the bronze medal twice, and the silver medal in 2013.
Independence was also named the best tasting water in Missouri by the American Water Works Association at their annual conference last month. As a result of the win, the city is now eligible for the ‘Best of the Best’ taste competition at the American Water Works Association conference that will take place in June. Entries from the competition will come from across the United States and Canada.
“To those that enjoy Independence water on a regular basis, these ranking are no surprise,” Water Department Director Dan Montgomery said. “Independence has some of the best-tasting tap water you will find – but that wouldn’t be possible without our excellent water source and staff who work so hard to ensure its high quality."
The City of Independence Water Department was established in 1883. It supplies water to more than 250,000 people including residents of Independence and 12 wholesale customers, including Blue Springs, Grain Valley and Lee’s Summit.
The water is supplied from 42 wells located at the Courtney Bend Water Treatment Plant. The wells receive water from the Missouri River Alluvial Aquifer, classified as a groundwater source. The well water is softened and disinfected at the treatment plant and meets or exceeds all federal and state quality regulations.

jcurts reacted
alatham
(@alatham)

Speaking of water, for those that use RODI, what system do you use? I’m starting to look around for one. I don’t have a ton of room for a reservoir on the level where my larger tanks will be at our new place, but there may be a spigot in the basement if I feel up to lugging buckets up the stairs. I also don’t need a super high gal/day (for now).

ReplyQuote
Share: