Notifications
Clear all

Off topic [Sticky] Introduce Yourself.

20 Posts
13 Users
23 Likes
(@jcurts)
Estimable Member

@paxton Welcome Mark, we hope to see you at one of our upcoming events. This is a safe place to discuss your "fish problem." We all know the attraction and the need for help that others don't understand.

ReplyQuote
RMorrow
(@rmorrow)

Howdy, I am Rick and I am wanting to get more involved with the aquarium society in general. I have been a pretty avid aquarist for 40+ years (my parents owned a pet store) and have had a multitude of aquariums of the years. Currently, I am focused tank breeding fancy goldfish. I have fantails, orandas, ryukins, and ranchus, but my interests are quite diverse. I look forward to meeting more folks and attending and getting involved with club activities!

mofunnyfarm and jcurts reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jcurts)
Estimable Member

@rmorrow welcome rick

ReplyQuote
(@kcmikey)
Member Admin

@paxton Welcome to the club, Mark! What types of fish are you breeding? Check out the BAP Forum for the latest and greatest on how to get points for your spawns. What part of the KC Metro area are you in?

mofunnyfarm reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tsudduth)

Howdy, it looks like when we shifted around my account got deleted again..

I’m Tyler, I’ve been in the hobby going on 16 years, focused primarily on planted tanks and breeding different kinds of fish. I’ve kept reef tanks in the past, as well as vivariums with dart frogs and paludariums. I currently keep a large colony of marbled crayfish I received from a HAAS member several years ago (9 maybe), a colony of blue platys in a 120 gallon planted tank (she’s going through some melting currently due to large water changes and the addition of co2 and bright lights, and a 40 gallon tank that is breeding… snails.

I feed the snails and crayfish to a longear sunfish I caught with my son on Father’s Day almost two years ago. I will be adding Cherry shrimp and cories to the planted tank. 

I don’t take the hobby as “seriously” as I once did, my kids get in the way, my fish room is smaller, my work is busier, but my sons really like the tanks and it keeps them involved and interested in learning about fish. I’m more likely to be involved in the HAP program over the BAP.

Located in Platte City!

This post was modified 2 months ago by TSudduth

JanOlson and mofunnyfarm reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: