Wet Spot Order

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 Tim
(@tim)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

As part of our upcoming meeting on April 8 we will be placing a group order from Wet Spot. Wet Spot is one of the top aquarium stores and online sources for tropical fish based out of Portland Oregon. Order will be placed early next week for delivery the Friday before the meeting so items can be picked up at the meeting. Key advantages to the group order are: 1) there is no minimum order. If there is just one type of fish you want you can order it. 2) the club pays for all the shipping for members. Non members can order through the club but will pay a small amount of shipping based on the size of the total order. This is another great benefit of membership which is just $18/year and helps us be able to do things like this.

Inventory changes weekly so check it now but best to wait and order next week when inventory has been updated on their site. Order will be placed to the club not directly and Jeff will send complete order to them. 

Payment will then be made to the club prior to or when picking up fish. Watch for more details to come. Feel free to ask questions here also
             Tim

Tim
(@tim)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Order deadline is 4pm on Monday. This allows just enough time to get order in to Wet Spot on time so please don’t wait until last minute. Orders should be emailed to finance@kcfishclub.org. Non-member shipping will be $5 for order, once again shipping for members is free because club pays for it.

While we had few issues with items picked up at meeting last time order will most likely come in Friday. You can coordinate pick up when it arrives with Jeff. Wet Spot requires any DOAs be reported within 4 hours of arrival.

Tim

ReplyQuote
(@jcurts)
Estimable Member

I have received 5 orders so far there is still time for others to join in the fun.

ReplyQuote
(@jcurts)
Estimable Member

I placed the order and 12 people ended up ordering the same as last time.

ReplyQuote
(@jcurts)
Estimable Member

Wet Spot is out of the Epiplatys annulatus so if you ordered some we maybe able to sub something else if I get your sub today let me know.

ReplyQuote
 Tim
(@tim)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@jcurts that’s ok I will just skip that item

ReplyQuote
(@jcurts)
Estimable Member

The Wet Spot order came in great shape, with only a few shorts. It looks like more people need to breed Epiplatys annulatus AKA Clown Killies because that was the only short.

ReplyQuote
julianaquatics
(@julianaquatics)
Member Admin

I was disappointed, I was hoping to get a breeding colony going. I might look at other vendors for them, Aqua Huna has them in stock, might check them out if anyone is looking for them. I recently made a purchase there for some ricefish. Im happy with what I received from The WetSpot, they're tiny but that's about the size I got last time I ordered. They've done well acclimating into the tank. 

https://linktr.ee/julianaquatics

ReplyQuote
(@jcurts)
Estimable Member

you might see if Dr Steve has any. I know he breeds a lot of fish. Just a thought.

ReplyQuote
(@thefishlady)
Trusted Member

Jeff-

Thank you for putting this together!

All of my fish are doing great. I'm really excited about the Burmese mini chocolate Gouramis (Parasphaerichthys ocellatus) and was worried about them. They are really doing well and happy in their new home!

Thanks again!

Marcey 

ReplyQuote
(@mofunnyfarm)
Eminent Member

@julianaquatics  Live Art Aquatics usually have them on their stock list.

ReplyQuote
Share: