NEWS !!!! - HAAS Meetings resume for 2020 - Next meeting 11/14/20!

We have permission to hold a meeting at the Church. November 14th, 2020 will be our next meeting! This is a trial run of the COVID rules that we will be following. I'll provide details below shortly. This meeting will be a discussion on where we are at as a club, what we might expect in the future and a chance for you to share your ideas and concerns. There will be no food provided at this meeting. We will have a few donations to auction off. If anyone wants to chat with me before the meeting or has anything they want to discuss, email me at michael@meyer.net or call at 913-568-4014.

We will be having our long awaited HAAS meeting this Saturday, Nov 14th at our normal location in our normal room. Yeah for normal!!
There will be a few restrictions:
  • We will NOT be serving any food or drink.
  • Masks will be required.
  • We will take attendance - in case anyone gets Covid (so we can notify you)
  • We have to clean and sterilize what we use.
  • Must stay in the meeting area and cannot roam the church. This has never been a problem.
  • These are the Church's rules for letting us have the meetings. Please respect their wishes as they are super generous and accommodating of our club!
Meeting agenda and club notes.
This meeting will not have a speaker but we will discuss what we have been doing while away from each other. What can do in the future to deal with the pandemic. What other clubs are doing. We will be doing a BAP/Donation auction. So far, I know there will be Fantail Goldfish, Volcano rasboras, Adult Jack Dempsey, Fire Mouth, Red tailed Shark, Convict and possibly a very nice large oscar that someone asked me to rehome for them. I will also bring some Coelotilapia joka fry - a very cool west african and some kribensis fry.

We may have a limit on attendees, so I am going to track who is planning on coming. If you are a possibility just say so. This will just help us for planning on how to handle whatever crowd we get. Just email me at michael@meyer.net or call me at 913-568-4014 and you'll be added to the list. Also, if you have questions about the meeting or the club, use that same contact info. Don't feel pressured to make the meeting. Your health is the most important thing. If you are feeling a little off, please stay home.

This is the list of attendees coming to the meeting:
Mike Meyer - rehoming an oscar for a friend, bringing goldfish, rasboras, and west africans
Roger Simmonds - binging Jack Dempsey, Firemouth, Convict and Red Tailed Shark
Tim Eckerley
Patrick Cook
Bob Weber - bringing some guppy grass
Harold Hathaway

Last edited:

Comments

If anyone wants to make suggestions on activities, feel free to comment on this thread. Here are a couple to start.
  • Virtual meetings - various topics
  • Virtual fishroom tours
  • Shop tours - might be good to try and promote stores and club at the same time
  • Road trip to Columbia or Lawrence for those pet stores
  • Fish collecting. I know it is hot out, but in a little while it will cool down. Plus you'll be in the water anyway!
  • Out door picnic event
Feel free to add more to the list or comment on what you'd like or dislike about any of these options.

Last edited:
Normally about 30 is average but can get close to 50. Loose Park is a nice centrally located park. We used to hold meetings there when I first started with the club back around 1990 or so.

Any update on possible club activities? Outdoor meeting or otherwise? Local fish collecting sounds super fun.
I don’t know how many would be interested but we would be totally in if somebody knows of a nifty collection site within a half-days drive of KC!

Any update on possible club activities? Outdoor meeting or otherwise? Local fish collecting sounds super fun.
I don’t know how many would be interested but we would be totally in if somebody knows of a nifty collection site within a half-days drive of KC!
thats sounds so fun!

Sorry, I haven't been more engaged in planning activities. My dad has been dealing with health issues and has been in and out of the hospital a couple of times, my daughter left for college this weekend, I have been very busy at work and I blew the engine on my new Kia. But fortunately my dad is recovering from his artificial valve surgery, my daughter is happy at school now and my engine was fully covered under warranty. It started out gloomy but I feel we are going in the right direction. Maybe more fishy fun soon. At least I got my woodcats to spawn and a few corys too.

Sorry, I haven't been more engaged in planning activities. My dad has been dealing with health issues and has been in and out of the hospital a couple of times, my daughter left for college this weekend, I have been very busy at work and I blew the engine on my new Kia. But fortunately my dad is recovering from his artificial valve surgery, my daughter is happy at school now and my engine was fully covered under warranty. It started out gloomy but I feel we are going in the right direction. Maybe more fishy fun soon. At least I got my woodcats to spawn and a few corys too.
Hope things turn around for you!

Just a reminder. NO HAAS Meeting this Saturday Sept 12, 2020. There is a SWAP meet going on in Iowa if anyone is looking to road trip. The Quad City Fish Swap will be held in Davenport, IA from Noon to 4 on Sunday, Sept 13th. Details at this URL - www.qcfishswap.com

We will be having our long awaited HAAS meeting this Saturday, Nov 14th at our normal location in our normal room. Yeah for normal!!
There will be a few restrictions:
  • We will NOT be serving any food or drink.
  • Masks will be required.
  • We will take attendance - in case anyone gets Covid (so we can notify you)
  • We have to clean and sterilize what we use.
  • Must stay in the meeting area and cannot roam the church. This has never been a problem.
  • These are the Church's rules for letting us have the meetings. Please respect their wishes as they are super generous and accommodating of our club!
Meeting agenda and club notes.
This meeting will not have a speaker but we will discuss what we have been doing while away from each other. What can do in the future to deal with the pandemic. What other clubs are doing. We will be doing a BAP/Donation auction. So far, I know there will be Fantail Goldfish, Volcano rasboras, Adult Jack Dempsey, Fire Mouth, Red tailed Shark, Convict and possibly a very nice large oscar that someone asked me to rehome for them. I will also bring some Coelotilapia joka fry - a very cool west african and some kribensis fry.

We may have a limit on attendees, so I am going to track who is planning on coming. If you are a possibility just say so. This will just help us for planning on how to handle whatever crowd we get. Just email me at michael@meyer.net or call me at 913-568-4014 and you'll be added to the list. Also, if you have questions about the meeting or the club, use that same contact info. Don't feel pressured to make the meeting. Your health is the most important thing. If you are feeling a little off, please stay home.

This is the list of attendees coming to the meeting:
Mike Meyer - rehoming an oscar for a friend, bringing goldfish, rasboras, and west africans
Roger Simmonds - binging Jack Dempsey, Firemouth, Convict and Red Tailed Shark
Tim Eckerley
Patrick Cook
Bob Weber - bringing some guppy grass
Harold Hathaway

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone cooperating so nicely for long awaited monthly meeting. Had a great time. The mini auction was great!!!
I hope we can get back in the swing of this more soon!

Reactions: Ray