New here

Tonnyy

Hello members!
I had an aquarium when I was a child, so my knowledge about caring fish is pretty old. I am here to keep in touch with the well-experienced aquarium owners. Hope I'll be useful here someday :)

Andy W.

Perspective is always welcome, the only things in this hobby that really change are the tech. As long as anyone who shares their experiences phrases it as 'this is how I did it' rather than 'this is how it is to be done' everyone, from old to new, is useful.

Tim

Hello members!
I had an aquarium when I was a child, so my knowledge about caring fish is pretty old. I am here to keep in touch with the well-experienced aquarium owners. Hope I'll be useful here someday
Glad to have you join us.
Tim

TSudduth

Hello members!
I had an aquarium when I was a child, so my knowledge about caring fish is pretty old. I am here to keep in touch with the well-experienced aquarium owners. Hope I'll be useful here someday
Welcome!

Everybody is useful here. Caution though.. getting involved in the local forum is just one step away from setting up an entire room just for aquariums…

Welcome to the forum. The main thing that has changed from the old days is the water companies have added chloramine to the water. We use to be able to aerate the water for 24 hours and the water would be safe for fish. You now have to add dechlorinator to all water before using it. Some areas of town have better water quality than others. Over dosing is sometime necessary to make the water safe to use. It is because the water company has increased the chemicals they add depending on the source and time of the year. Don't let me scare you, you just need to be cautious. People from all over the metro are keeping and breeding fish successfully.

Tonnyy

Welcome to the forum. The main thing that has changed from the old days is the water companies have added chloramine to the water. We use to be able to aerate the water for 24 hours and the water would be safe for fish. You now have to add dechlorinator to all water before using it. Some areas of town have better water quality than others. Over dosing is sometime necessary to make the water safe to use. It is because the water company has increased the chemicals they add depending on the source and time of the year. Don't let me scare you, you just need to be cautious. People from all over the metro are keeping and breeding fish successfully.
thank you for the warning! I'm not afraid but more concerned

That is the purpose of the web site. We want to help. The only question that is stupid is the one not asked. . I have been in the hobby since the late 1960's. I have killed more fish than the average fish store I have learned the hard way. I am still learning from my mistakes. Remember it is a hobby and there are more than one way to do things.