Native fish setup, collecting etc.

Rwstaub

Question for the board, has anyone done any native fish setups? Done some wild collecting in the area? Just curious of any experiences out there, potential set ups etc.

I've gone down the rabbit hole here recently and have come across some really cool native species that I'm kind of surprised don't have more of an impact on the hobby around the US. For example darters and shiners are awesome. Madtoms pretty neat as well.

kcmikey

Administrator
Staff member
We have a few people to that love collecting natives. I love to go down to many of the ozark streams and catch darters and madtoms. I have a couple tanks of madtoms and there is still a couple darters in the tank from last spring. My madtoms are between 1 and 5 years old. Love my whiskery friends!

Rwstaub

We have a few people to that love collecting natives. I love to go down to many of the ozark streams and catch darters and madtoms. I have a couple tanks of madtoms and there is still a couple darters in the tank from last spring. My madtoms are between 1 and 5 years old. Love my whiskery friends!
That's awesome. Can you share some good spots to maybe scope out if I make a trip in the spring or summer?