May meeting is on schedule! May 8th, 2021

kcmikey

Administrator
Staff member
We are prepared to have our second post pandemic meeting in a row! At our usual location. Meeting will start at 1PM. Masks will be required. No food is allowed. Maximum count of 50 people. Tim has researched a possible location for our next swap/auction that is near where we normally me. Details will be discussed on Saturday.

Please pay attention to the rules that we have to adhere to for the Church. Fairview Christian Church. Click to get pandemic meeting rules for the Church. We will not have any food or drinks provided by the club (and drinking fountains are turned off). There will be a limit of 50 people, but we haven't had that many folks except during special events. If we get over 50, we will work thru that. There will be a sign in sheet so we can notify you if anyone comes down sick with Covid. This is a requirement from the Church for all of their public events. Plus, we have to sanitize the room after we finish which is pretty easy, just have to use a special disinfectant similar to Lysol. I hope a lot of folks can make it.

Agenda
Provide announcements
- Upcoming Events - SWAP and/or Auctions
- Other local fishy events
Hold Elections
Watch video
Conduct our regular mini auction of donations. If you have any donations, feel free to let us know. Please try to limit this to 5 donated items or contact me if you have more than that.

Please RSVP so we have a general idea of how many to expect. You can just reply below or email info@kcfishclub.org or call/text Mike 913-568-4014.

Elections 2021

During this next meeting we will elect new officers. If you have any interest in serving on the HAAS leadership team or want to get involved in helping out on any of the committees, please let us know. You can email info@kcfishclub.org, officers@kcfishclub.org or privately to me if you prefer - michael@meyer.net.

The officer positions are elected:
  • President
  • Vice-President
  • Treasurer
  • Secretary
  • Member at Large
In addition, we have these committees that are appointed by the President, but we love all the help we can get.
Appointed Positions:
  • Membership - "Tracks" membership, issues membership cards, conducts membership drives
  • BAP - Tracks BAP submissions, manages BAP Program
  • HAP - Tracks HAP submissions, manages HAP Program
  • PR - Public Relations - Helps promote the club in KC and beyond
  • Finance - Helps generate revenue for the club and audits Treasurer when needed
  • Program - Helps manage upcoming speakers and programs
  • Bowl Show - Manages Bowl Show entries and program
  • Sunshine Committee - Reaches out to members as needed to brighten up their day when needed
  • Refreshments - Manage food and drink for meetings

Any questions reach out to me at 913-568-4014 (call or text). Mike

Last edited:

P&W

I am planning on attending and donating 2 Laetacara Curviceps (Smiling Acara) South American Dwarf Cichlids. Pretty sure 2 males. They will be bagged separately.

kcmikey

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be bringing a lone Thorichthys maculipinnis. Great looking fish!
Maybe some West African joka cichlids.

jcurts

I will be bringing some BIN items (buy it now for the newbies) and some door prizes for all who attend. o_O:love::D

kcmikey

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for everyone that attended the meeting on Saturday. We got elections in and I'll post details later this week. Plus, we are likely going to have a Swap next month and possibly an auction in July or August!!! We will finalize details over the next few days, so stay tuned!!