HAAS SWAP June 12th - THANKS FOR A FABULOUS EVENT

kcmikey

Administrator
Staff member

We will be having a SWAP and a Silent Auction (NEW!) at a NEW LOCATION on June 12, 2021.

When: June 12, 2021 from 11:00 AM till 2:00 PM.

Where: Gashland Presbyterian Church (New location)
8029 North Oak Trafficway
Kansas City, MO 64118

Admission: $3 for Adults - Kids Under 16 Free!
Special Membership benefit - Paid HAAS Members are also free!
Note: Per the latest Church rules: We will follow CDC recommendations and if you are vaccinated you will not be required to wear masks at the event. Children and those unvaccinated should still wear a mask for their own protection. If you are a high risk individual you may want to go ahead and consider wearing a mask.

Interested in becoming a member? You can also join at the Swap or on our website at www.kcfishclub.org. If you need extra help you can email membership@kcfishclub.org.

This new location is very close to our normal location, but it is a lot bigger!!! There is great parking in the back of the Church. We will have room for 50 seller tables!!!

Sellers: If you are interested in a table, the cost will be $15 per table or you can get 2 tables for $25. You can reply to this thread or send an email to me at auction@kcfishclub.org or michael@meyer.net. Let me know how many tables and if you want to participate in the optional silent auction.

Extra perk for selling - In addition, by purchasing at table, you can get 3 entries per table into a silent auction. We will run the silent auction in 3 parts. An 11-Noon (Early), a Noon to 1 (Mid) and a 1 to 2 (Late) time. If you get 2 tables, you will get 6 entries. Keep in mind the silent auction entries are optional and only available to those that have registered a table. You will receive the normal auction split we normally offer. 60% to the seller and 40% for the club for non members. HAAS members will get 70% of the proceeds.

Tracking: I will provide a list of sellers and details of whatever they share with me!

Next Steps: I will continue to update as new details come up. I'll also share photos and additional directions as they are finalized. This is a quick turnaround. I know a lot of folks have been waiting for this. Please be patient as we figure out all these issues.

Last edited:

kcmikey

Administrator
Staff member
Seller List (alphabetical by first name)
Charles Gibbons - Topeka, KS - Cories, Endlers, Guppies and Swordtails
Duane Perry - Morrill, KS - Red Tuxedo guppies, Blue Star endlers, Red Moscow guppies, Yellow Cobra guppies, Plants, Filament barbss, Mystery snails, Teewha creek rhadinocentrus, clown killi, eastern newt
Jan Olson - Lake Lotawana, MO - Amititlania nanolutea Apistograma cacatuoides 'Triple Red' pairs, Apistograma cacatuoides 'Rio Itaya', Apistograma borellii 'Bella Union', Endlers, mixed fancy guppies ,Convict cichlids
Jeremy Goodchild - Columbia, MO - African cichlids (peacocks, haps & mbuna), South & Central American cichlids, Catfish, Livebearers, Oddballs & Awesomeness!
Julian Gonzalez - Overland Park, KS - Very nice aquatic plants! and possibly shrimp.
Michael Meyer - Raymore, MO - Syno lucipinnis, Joka cichlids, Topaz cichlids (small), Marble Angels, Kribs, Sponge Filters (used), Box Filters (used)
Randy Holmes - Smithville, MO - Swordtails, Red Zebras, Plants - water sprite & african lace plant, Aquariums,
TFG Aquatics - Darrell Fellows - Grand Island, NE - Platinum Blue angelfish, Philippine Blue Veil angelfish, Rotkeil Severum, Congo Tetras, Boesemani Rainbowfish, Pearl Gouramis, Dalmatian Sailfin mollies, Glitter Limia livebearers, Gold/Black Lace male guppies
Tim Eckerley - North KC, MO - Bristlenose plecos, Leopard danios, Purple emperor tetras, Multies (shell dwellers), Misc. plants, hardy water lilies and other pond plants
Trisha McElwee - Guppies, Mollies, Shrimp, Plecos, Loaches, Pea Puffers, live food cultures,
Walter Grunden - Independence, MO -
HAAS Table - KC Area - Manned by Jeff. Lots of dry goods donated by lots of manufacturers.

Last edited:

kcmikey

Administrator
Staff member
If you are on the fence, go ahead and reserve the table. You don't have to pay till the day of the event. Feel free to share what you are bringing or what you would like to pick up at the swap.

jcurts

Mikey, I think HAAS will need 2 tables. We also need a raffle table or do we want to incorporate that with check in?

kcmikey

Administrator
Staff member
I think we can easily get you in with 3-4 tables from my current diagram. Plus, I have Carla and a raffle table plus 2 empties right next to her.

kcmikey

Administrator
Staff member
We have been notified by the Church that we will be following the current CDC recommendations. Here are the details they forwarded to us:
  1. Since Spring of 2020, GEPC has attempted to implement Covid restrictions consistent with governmental authorities. Recently, Covid orders were removed in Kansas City and Clay County. We now defer to CDC recommendations.
  2. We encourage compliance with these three guidelines inside the walls of the church:
    • Vaccinated need not wear masks
    • Unvaccinated, including children, should wear masks
    • Walk in love when in the company of those who mask differently than you (Romans 14)
  3. Even if you are vaccinated, wear a mask if that makes sense to you.
  4. Remember, distance is the best virus deterrent. Areas at both services are established to allow greater space between participants. Ask FirsTeam to help you find them. Where possible, give yourselves some distance from others, including during Sunday School and meetings.
  5. Opening windows or doors to increase outside air exchange is recommended where this does not interfere with heating/cooling systems or introduce significant safety concerns. Discretion is left to the leader(s) of the meeting, class or service.
  6. Personal and governmental compliance is rapidly evolving. GEPC will continue to adjust as best befits our needs and concerns.

kcmikey

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely!!! Anything a seller wants to list out is welcome here and any wants or requests from buyers is great. The more talking about it the better!!

kcmikey

Administrator
Staff member
Wanting: I am looking for some of the following:
Hypancistrus plecos.
Keyhole cichlids
Black or black lace veil angels
Cacatoides apistos
Maleri Island Peacocks
Hill Stream loaches

Last edited:

Drygulch

I look forward to seeing everyone again. (I was active in this club from 2008-2010 as AZrider.) I downsized to one tank for many years, but have gotten back in during the pandemic, and am up to 5 tanks again. I will be bringing my daughter to see if anything catches her eye. My wishlist is below, before I go out and pay full retail for anything.
  • Wild type or wild type hybrid Sailfin Mollies. (Looking for 4-6 large fish 2m4f, any strains by Charles Clapsaddle are a plus.)
  • Bristlenose plecos (Really need a male albino, but any are welcome.)
  • Blue Dream Shrimp
  • Dwarf or pigmy Cory Cats (looking for a couple C. Hasbrosas, and another type for a group in another tank)
  • Anubius Nana plants
  • Other low tech/ medium light stem plants
  • Driftwood for a 4-foot tank
  • 50-100 pounds of natural colored fine gravel or sand
Thanks,
Adam

jcurts

looking for some nice sailfin mollies to place outside for the summer along with some other livebearers and plants

Trish

Looking for some Peacocks.
Ethelwynnae
Hueseri
Blue Orchid
Red version Eureka Red
Sulfurhead
Seller List (alphabetical by first name)
Charles Gibbons - Cories, Endlers, Guppies and Swordtails
Darrell Fellows -
David Day -
Duane Perry -
Jan Olson - Apistos
Michael Meyer (2 tables) - Syno lucipinnis, Joka cichlids, Topaz cichlids (small), Marble Angels, Kribs, Sponge Filters (used), Box Filters (used)
Randy Holmes -
Tim Eckerley -
Trisha McElwee -
HAAS Table - Manned by Jeff. Lots of dry goods donated by lots of manufacturers.
I will be bringing mollies, sailfin, balloon sailfin, gold dust, ruby reds; hillstream reticulated and borneo loaches, black moscow, white albino moscow, topaz fry pack, red mosaic dragons, blue neon, black metal, fire red shrimp, blue dream, black crystal, orange sukura, blue mosaic half moon. Guppy grass, subswassertang, Catoppa, frog bit, hornwort. Can bring white worm, banana worm, walter worm, vinegar eels, daphania, scud, red wiggler cultures too. No shellies, plecos, danio, red albino, pea puffers right now (could sell a trio). Maybe in the fall. Anyone want mixed guppies or snails, duck weed, let me know.

Trish

Yeah, my worm bins love it too. I am trying to get rid of it though. Makes shipping fish a nightmare.
It you are north of the river, I am tackling my shrimp tanks this weekend, we can meet up and you can have a gallons worth, at least. May even get a few shrimp as a bonus, lol.

jcurts

I'm in KCKs. I could use shrimp culls too. I but them outside in ponds and use them to help clean my yellow-eared slider's tank that way if he eats some no big deal.

Tim

I will be bringing mollies, sailfin, balloon sailfin, gold dust, ruby reds; hillstream reticulated and borneo loaches, black moscow, white albino moscow, topaz fry pack, red mosaic dragons, blue neon, black metal, fire red shrimp, blue dream, black crystal, orange sukura, blue mosaic half moon. Guppy grass, subswassertang, Catoppa, frog bit, hornwort. Can bring white worm, banana worm, walter worm, vinegar eels, daphania, scud, red wiggler cultures too. No shellies, plecos, danio, red albino, pea puffers right now (could sell a trio). Maybe in the fall. Anyone want mixed guppies or snails, duck weed, let me know.
I have been looking for reticulated loaches for a while, do have enough you could sell some before the swap. Also wanting to try daphnia culture. You can text me 574-514-1731
Tim

TFG Aquatics

I will bringing Platinum Blue angelfish, Philippine Blue Veil angelfish, Rotkeil Severum, Congo Tetras, Boesemani Rainbowfish, Pearl Gouramis, Dalmatian Sailfin mollies, Glitter Limia livebearers, Gold/Black Lace male guppies and maybe more from my fishroom.

Last edited by a moderator: