HAAS Meetings for 2020 - NEWS!!! Updated 10-15-2020

We have permission to hold a meeting at the Church. November 14th, 2020 will be our next meeting! This is a trial run of the COVID rules that we will be following. I'll provide details below shortly. This meeting will be a discussion on where we are at as a club, what we might expect in the future and a chance for you to share your ideas and concerns. There will be no food provided at this meeting. We will have a few donations to auction odd and some of Jeff's good stuff. If anyone wants to chat with me before the meeting or has anything they want to discuss, email me at michael@meyer.net.

The Church where we normally meet has decided based on recommendations from the CDC and Clay County Public Health directives to not allow any meetings till after Labor day. They will review this decision around that time. That means we will NOT be holding any HAAS meetings at the Church till at least October and perhaps even anything for the rest of this year. We will be entertaining ideas for alternatives to normal meeting activities. Further info to follow soon.

Last edited:

Comments

If anyone wants to make suggestions on activities, feel free to comment on this thread. Here are a couple to start.
  • Virtual meetings - various topics
  • Virtual fishroom tours
  • Shop tours - might be good to try and promote stores and club at the same time
  • Road trip to Columbia or Lawrence for those pet stores
  • Fish collecting. I know it is hot out, but in a little while it will cool down. Plus you'll be in the water anyway!
  • Out door picnic event
Feel free to add more to the list or comment on what you'd like or dislike about any of these options.

Last edited:
Normally about 30 is average but can get close to 50. Loose Park is a nice centrally located park. We used to hold meetings there when I first started with the club back around 1990 or so.

Any update on possible club activities? Outdoor meeting or otherwise? Local fish collecting sounds super fun.
I don’t know how many would be interested but we would be totally in if somebody knows of a nifty collection site within a half-days drive of KC!

Any update on possible club activities? Outdoor meeting or otherwise? Local fish collecting sounds super fun.
I don’t know how many would be interested but we would be totally in if somebody knows of a nifty collection site within a half-days drive of KC!
thats sounds so fun!

Sorry, I haven't been more engaged in planning activities. My dad has been dealing with health issues and has been in and out of the hospital a couple of times, my daughter left for college this weekend, I have been very busy at work and I blew the engine on my new Kia. But fortunately my dad is recovering from his artificial valve surgery, my daughter is happy at school now and my engine was fully covered under warranty. It started out gloomy but I feel we are going in the right direction. Maybe more fishy fun soon. At least I got my woodcats to spawn and a few corys too.

Sorry, I haven't been more engaged in planning activities. My dad has been dealing with health issues and has been in and out of the hospital a couple of times, my daughter left for college this weekend, I have been very busy at work and I blew the engine on my new Kia. But fortunately my dad is recovering from his artificial valve surgery, my daughter is happy at school now and my engine was fully covered under warranty. It started out gloomy but I feel we are going in the right direction. Maybe more fishy fun soon. At least I got my woodcats to spawn and a few corys too.
Hope things turn around for you!

Just a reminder. NO HAAS Meeting this Saturday Sept 12, 2020. There is a SWAP meet going on in Iowa if anyone is looking to road trip. The Quad City Fish Swap will be held in Davenport, IA from Noon to 4 on Sunday, Sept 13th. Details at this URL - www.qcfishswap.com