FACEBOOK - GRRRRRR

kcmikey

Staff member
Our facebook page has been disabled by the facbook police due to too many posts about rehoming and selling of fish. They allow sales of brick and mortar establishments, just no peer to peer sales. Our admin team is looking at ways to re-establish the facebook site and adhere to the facebook policies.

jcurts

can we just get everyone to post thier rehoming and sale items on this site and save facebook for the stuff that is legal?

Jenn

Admin has tried. It seems people either don't read the posts asking people to post here or assume that doesn't apply to them :(

Slownas1

I saw a post from the group this morning in Facebook and made a post late morning but can’t find it now. Has it been disabled again?

Shooter50014

If at all possible I would keep Facebook alive. It’s the best way to connect. Forums are ok but we never found a way to promote them enough to thrive.

Several groups have moved to band. If that gets enough support it has a chance.

Slownas1

Should we set one up in band just to have another group presence that isn’t the forum. MASI seems to have one setup in there as a back up.

Walter Grunden

We used to have a very active forum until people could not follow or post from their phones. Now that we are where we should be, I would like for us to use the club web site for everything. It is easier to follow topics. FB is so random and posts get lost. Just use fb to drive all comments to the web site. I know I am dreaming. FB is an addiction.

ajw9356

We used to have a very active forum until people could not follow or post from their phones. Now that we are where we should be, I would like for us to use the club web site for everything. It is easier to follow topics. FB is so random and posts get lost. Just use fb to drive all comments to the web site. I know I am dreaming. FB is an addiction.
Not only that, people are not using websites like they used to. You use talk to ask questions and whatever pops up is gospel for the most part. I still enjoy a forum setting as well but I'm apparently becoming a dinosaur in that respect as well. Phones are great in many ways but they've taken away a lot of good things as well. We need to be able to coordinate the two at some point, especially as Facebook doesn't allow sales. I too would like to revert to some older ways Walter, however, most of my activity involves my Facebook group. I would be much more active here if there were more people using it though.