Covid Hobby

mberges

Hi All,

I started with a sickly Betta shortly after the shutdown. Did research and needed a bigger tank, filtration, heater, plants and then friends. Now I have 7 tanks and 1 fishbowl (2 gal with shrimp).

I love the aquascaping, although I don't do well with the plants (but getting better.)

I'm mostly into the nano species of fish because I have smaller tanks. I've successfully bred Pseudomug LUMINATUS, Pygmy Cories, and Emerald Dwarf Rasboras. I wish I could breed my Chilis (Boraras Brigitte) but so far no luck and little time to work on it. I'd love to learn more about breeding unusual or endangered species.

Another reason I'm here. Although I'm interested in breeding, my Sailfin Dalmatian Mollies (that end up mostly black so not sure they are dalmatians) and my Sanke Koi Swordtails breed like crazy. I don't have the time to try to find homes or sell them, so I have several additional tanks for them. I can't set up anymore tanks! Lol.

I made the mistake of adding cherry shrimp, blue dream and velvet shrimp to different tanks. Well, the Cherry Shrimp breed like mad! I don't know what to do with them all!

Hi everyone, I look forward to learning more!

Marcey

jcurts

HAAS+ Member
Welcome to the club. We have 2 auctions a year where you can unload unwanted livestock and equipment but fair warning, most people leave with more stuff that they brought. People also trade items at our monthly meetings,

Our February meeting is our annual plant sale. We will have a large number of plants from all skill levels to auction off. We are more than happy to share care tips during the auction to help you make good choices.

kcmikey

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on the shrimp! You are welcome to sell them at the plant auction (5 bags). Or up to 40 items at the March auction. Let me know if you need help setting up entries in the auction! Mike