Congo Tetras from the Swap

Jackd

Hey, I was curious how others have done with the Congo Tetras they bought at the Swap. Mine have done very well in my opinion. What I was curious about was your male to female ratio. Of my 8 that I bought it looks like 2 are female and 6 male. Curious as to what your ratios are like. Further, if someone close ended up with 6 female and only 2 males I would be interested in evening out my numbers. Let me know how yours are doing. I was very excited to get locally raised Congo Tetras and still am excited about them. Mine are in a 60 cube with some other tetras and other fish and seem to be very happy. Wish I had bought more. Also just curious if everyone had more males than females possible because of hatching temperatures or some other factor. Curious minds want to know. Thanks. Jack

Mine have done real well too. I have about a dozen and I think I have 5 Males. They are constantly on the move. It is hard to count them in a 10 gallon tank with a end view and lots of guppy grass. I am about ready to move them to another tank.

Tim

Hey, I was curious how others have done with the Congo Tetras they bought at the Swap. Mine have done very well in my opinion. What I was curious about was your male to female ratio. Of my 8 that I bought it looks like 2 are female and 6 male. Curious as to what your ratios are like. Further, if someone close ended up with 6 female and only 2 males I would be interested in evening out my numbers. Let me know how yours are doing. I was very excited to get locally raised Congo Tetras and still am excited about them. Mine are in a 60 cube with some other tetras and other fish and seem to be very happy. Wish I had bought more. Also just curious if everyone had more males than females possible because of hatching temperatures or some other factor. Curious minds want to know. Thanks. Jack
Jack,
I still have some left I can trade out to get a better ratio if you want. Just let me know.
Tim

Tim

I’m up north close to where we meet. You can text me at 574-514-1731
Tim

Last edited: