2020 Schedule

2020 HAAS Schedule

Nov- November 14th Meeting - officer elections for 2021. This meeting will give us a trial for how to conduct meetings in the age of COVID. We will not be serving any food and there will be some restrictions on where we can go in the Church, but they are areas we don't go to anyway. We will have a mini auction of club items. The meeting should be light and we can discuss our plans for the next auction and other big events.
Was Dave Schumacher
Dave’s Rare Aquarium fish - May get changed

Dec – December 12th PotLuck Xmas party and 2021 Planning Session - This may get updated due to new Covid rules we have to follow.

Months in green have confirmed speakers

I have started working on the 2021 Schedule if anyone has suggestions.

Previous meetings for 2020
Jan – January 11th Meeting Jason Wilson Cichlids, new foods and Fritz products
Feb – February 8th Plant Sale Plants donated by Florida Aquatic Nurseries plants Julian Gonzalez title TBA

Mar – March 14th Spring Auction - POSTPONED. New date TBD. www.mygroupauctions.com - Register early!!!
Apr –April 11th Meeting POSTPONED. Shawn Flynn Pure Fish Works Apisto’s
May – May 9th Meeting POSTPONED. Pond Plant Buy? Cary Strong Warm Water Pathology
Jun – June 13th Picnic POSTPONED. Meeting Picnic
Jul – July 11th Meeting POSTPONED. Carolyn Weise “Really Big Aquariums” (ponds)
Aug – August 8th SWAP Meet POSTPONED
Sep – September 12th Meeting – POSTPONED Danté Fenolio Cave fish around the world
Oct – October 10th Fall Auction POSTPONED.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Thanks Jordon, I contacted CARES today and I had already contacted Cory, he donated but is not interested in speaking.

We may know more by next weekend. There will be a lot of social distancing required and lots of clean up following the event. But we won't know for sure until the Church board meets this week. Stay tuned for more details.

Last edited:
Postponed indefinitely. the church is not allowing outside people into the church until at least October. If you need something I have tons of dry-goods both the club's and personal that I would like to get out of my house. Check my other posts for a partial list. no reasonable offer refused.:) I needs to go before my wife orders a dumpster:eek::sick:

Has anyone viewed how the St. Louis club conducted their swap? They moved it outside under tents. Not sure how it went but looks interesting and probably a bit complicated to manage, but something we may want to think about.

Jeff, I think you should go ahead and post up some items on here and on the band site to sell. No use in sitting on it as I am sure the wife would love to liquidate your stock of goodies!

We will have to ask. I also will need to check with MASI to see how they did their tents and tables. Shaded would be better for the fish and it would likely be a pretty short event. BTW, there is a youtube video on MASI's event.

We will have to ask. I also will need to check with MASI to see how they did their tents and tables. Shaded would be better for the fish and it would likely be a pretty short event. BTW, there is a youtube video on MASI's event.
OK here goes

Here is a partial list of Chemicals the club has:

AquaScience
AquaScience Ultimate 32 oz bottles, list $17 BIN $7
AquaScience ClorAm-X 5 lbs List $50 BIN $20
AquaScience Ultimate 1 gal bottles, $50 BIN $20
Aquarium Solutions Ultimate 1 gal bottles, List $50 BIN $20
Aquarium Solutions Ultimate 4 oz bottles. $5, BIN $2
Aquarium Solutions Stress-X 1 oz bottles $2 BIN $1
Aquarium Solutions ClorAm-X 4 oz bottles $4, BIN $$2
Aquarium Solutions Ich-X 16 oz bottles list $10 BIN $4
Pond Solutions ClorAm-X 1 gal bottles list $50 BIN $20
Imagitarium 8 oz list $6 BIN $3
G-Juice 1oz list $3 list $2

Some of the Food
Blue Ridge Koi
Blue Ridge Blend Growth Formula Koi and Goldfish Food 25lb bag list $75.00 BIN $30

New life Spectrum discus and cichlid foods 80 g BIN $3 ea
Worldwide Aquatics spirulina prime flake $8 per lb
lots of other food brand containers of all kinds.

LED Lighting
MicMol
Aqua Air 1200 marine LED light 48-60” Amazon list $250 BIN $100
Aqua Air 600 marine LED 24-36” light Amazon list $150 BIN $60

Central Aquatics
Coralife LED Aqualight 18-24” list $100 BIN $40

ZooMed
Aquasun LED HO 24” fixture list $100 BIN $40

If you are looking for other stuff let me know the great purge is in progress.
Thanks Jeff Curts cell 913-638-5470 jcurts66@gmail.com, Texting or Email usually works the best to contact me.

more stuff
Filtration
Santa Monica Filtration
HOG.5 Hang-On-Glass UAS Upflow Algae Scrubber list $100 BIN $40

Books we have many both new and used
Cichlid Press inquire about pricing
Malawi Cichlids: Feeding Behavior DVD, Tropheus in their natural habitat, Back to Nature Guide to Malawi
cichlids, Back to Nature Guide to Nano Aquarium, Back to Nature Aquariumguide, The Cichlid diversity of Lake Malawi/Nyasa/Niassa: identification, distribution and taxonomy and Celebrating Cichlids

Do any of you all happen to know the guy that had the Bloody Mary shrimp at last years swap? I believe he was from Columbia area. I'm needing contact info if so please

more stuff
Filtration
Santa Monica Filtration
HOG.5 Hang-On-Glass UAS Upflow Algae Scrubber list $100 BIN $40

Books we have many both new and used
Cichlid Press inquire about pricing
Malawi Cichlids: Feeding Behavior DVD, Tropheus in their natural habitat, Back to Nature Guide to Malawi
cichlids, Back to Nature Guide to Nano Aquarium, Back to Nature Aquariumguide, The Cichlid diversity of Lake Malawi/Nyasa/Niassa: identification, distribution and taxonomy and Celebrating Cichlids
Jcurts do you still have the algae scrubber if so I would like to get it text me so I can pay for. It and arrange a time and place to pick it up