Search results

1. mrtangtank

Modifying Stand/DIY Sump Project!

Decided to rename this thread "Modifying Stand/DIY Sump Project" so I can post pics of the build as I go! :)
  2. mrtangtank

Algae Scrubbers?

Thanks, Robert! I was actually able to find some fantastic information here (https://www.algaescrubbing.com/threads/algae-scrubber-basics.264/), and this guy answers pretty much everything! I've elected to build a sump to replace my canister to give me a place to run a waterfall style...
  3. mrtangtank

I ended up deciding to reinforce the existing stand, as it will be cheaper and easier than building an entire new one DIY. (Not that that would be expensive, it's just that I don't mind the look of the current stand, and I'm not confident mine would look any better. 😝 Plus no need to move the...
  4. mrtangtank

Hey, all! Just wanted to drop this here to get your input. I've decided to try building a sump for the first time, mainly due to the fact that my water comes out chock-full of nitrate, so I'd like to create an algae scrubber, for which a sump seems to be ideal. After measuring, I went out and...
  5. mrtangtank

Algae Scrubbers?

Sounds like I need to do a DIY build and share it here! :D
  6. mrtangtank

Hi, I’m mike and I have a problem!

Oh that we all had your immunity! 😝 Marriage more/less fixed mine. ;) I'm easier to be around when I limit my tanks to two. One main tank, and then a "leave it alone", catch-all tank that houses whatever isn't in the main one. 😜
  7. mrtangtank

Hey, Y'all! I'm Zach! Glad to be here. :)

Hey, kcmikey! Yes, I've kind of watched them on and off from afar for a little while now, but for some reason have never really become involved! And somehow, as I started looking around for communities, I didn't even think of them and went for one of the Missouri clubs instead (despite Rogers...
  8. mrtangtank

Southwest Missouri

Love it! I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the Rogers trips and/or collecting near here! That all sounds like a blast. I've quietly watched the Rogers group from afar, but have yet to participate in events (despite it being only an hour away!)... maybe I should start keeping some...
  9. mrtangtank

Algae Scrubbers?

Anybody out there have experience with DIY freshwater algae scrubbers? My water comes out of the tap with 40-80ppm nitrate (hard to tell on those freshwater charts), which I realize may not be the end of the world as most adult fish can handle it, but I'd love to find natural ways to bring it...
  10. mrtangtank

Neolamprologus tretocephalus for sale

Interested! How much are you looking for? I'll shoot you a text.
  11. mrtangtank

Free fish - pick up ASAP!

I'll take the Goby (and maybe the Brichardi) if they're still available!
  12. mrtangtank

Tanganyikan Cichlids FREE - need gone ASAP!

I'll take the Goby (and maybe the Brichardi) if these are still available!
  13. mrtangtank

Welcome, Peter! I'm not new to Missouri, but I am new to this club! I see you're a Joplinite...

Welcome, Peter! I'm not new to Missouri, but I am new to this club! I see you're a Joplinite! Yay! I left a response on your other forum post. ;) Pleased to make your virtual acquaintance! :D
  14. mrtangtank

Southwest Missouri

Hey, Peter! I'm in Joplin, also! 😃 So glad to see another Joplinite here! I've thought long and hard about trying to get a local scene going, as my wife and I currently run Vintage Swing Movement Joplin (a local dance group) and thus are fairly well connected in the community... But I haven't...
  15. mrtangtank

Any Local Tanganyika Breeders?

Hey, jcurts! I actually snooped and discovered he was on this forum and was able to reach out to him! I have family in Wichita and may try to get in touch the next time I'm there. 😀 Thanks for the reference! It's good to know who's who around these parts. 😁 YOU MURDERER... 😜
  16. mrtangtank

Any Local Tanganyika Breeders?

Hey all! I'm looking for Tanganyikan cichlids, and I'm hoping to buy them from someone who breeds locally. Specifically, I'm in search of N. Multifasciatus, Julidochromis (preferably transcriptus of some kind, but open to others), and Cyprichromis L. "Mpulungu". Also open to other rock...
  17. mrtangtank

Hey, Y'all! I'm Zach! Glad to be here. :)

Hey, all! As the title says, I'm Zach, and I'm super glad to be a part of this group! I live in Joplin, and I've been in the aquarium hobby for about 4 years, though I kept fish and turtles on and off growing up and always loved it! I got into the hobby after I finished college and decided to...