Search results

1. X

question regarding chloramine

Yeah, I ordered the dry formula (safe).
  2. X

Just an update, I think this might be the Chloram-x just being older. I went ahead and doubled the dose, and the ammonia is now setting lower. I'll pick up some new dechlorinator and see if that helps with the issue.
  3. X

So, I'm working on getting my tank ready for cycling. From the tap I measure about 1ppm ammonia. I verified that my rural water district is now using chloramine. It's my understanding that it reads as ammonia when testing. I'm using chloram-x to treat, but I'm showing .5 ppm ammonia even...
  4. X

PH meter?

Looks good, thanks!
  5. X

PH meter?

Just wondering if anyone has a PH meter that they really like. Mine bit the dust in storage, and was just a cheap one off of amazon if I recall correctly. Wouldn't mind something more durable, or that checks more than just PH. Test kits are great, but my water is usually too high a...
  6. X

Filstar Fx3 gasket kit, where to find

I cut one from bicycle inner tube, I have also found some other possible options. The inner tube is holding up for now.
  7. X

Yeah, I feel bad for anyone that buys one of the many available online. It's a great filter, and I'm going to keep working to figure something out. I'll let you know if I do.
  8. X

Heard back from API today. They have discontinued the gasket kit, and have nothing to replace it. You can get it from Rena aquatics for $50 plus something like $25 shipping "while supplies last". Anyone have a diy idea? It's a 9.5cm round spot. That's about 5.74 inches. I tried a couple o rings...
  9. X

Thanks Paul. I'll post up if I get a response from API.
  10. X

Paul, thanks, but I didn't explain myself well enough. I have scoured the internet trying to find it for sale it is out of stock everywhere. The only place I can find it that says it's not out of stock is the Arizona aquatics, and frankly I don't trust the website to be accurate about it's stock...
  11. X

Hey, so I'm setting my 75 up, and was planning to use my filstar fx3 on it. The filstar has been boxed up, and the impeller gasket is shot. In trying to find a replacement, I'm coming up with nothing. I live in Topkea, so my options for LFS are 1, and there's Petsmart and Petco of course, but...
  12. X

Hello again...

Might have to make it up from Topeka for the February meeting. Good to see you're still around Mike.
  13. X

Hello again...

Hey, it's been too long since I was able to keep fish, and even longer since I was active with the club. Getting bored, and started thinking it was time to get fish going again. Starting with my 75. Don't know what I'm going to start with, but it will be fun. Hoping to make it to the auction...