Search results

1. kcmikey

2020 Admin Notes

The Heart of America Aquarium Society of Kansas City is a not-for-profit hobby and recreational organization dedicated to the advancement and/or dissemination of information relating to all aspects of the biology of aquarium and pond-related fauna and flora, with particular reference to their...
  2. kcmikey

Minnesota Club - Virtual Meeting - Madagascar Killies - May 6th 7PM

View this email in your browser Open to the public - Register now for the Thursday May 6 Meeting login at 7:00pm call-to-order at 7:05 Event Page: The Killifishes of Madagascar by Dr. Paul Loiselle Madagascar was once thought to have only two native...
  3. kcmikey

May meeting is on schedule! May 8th, 2021

We are prepared to have our second post pandemic meeting in a row! At our usual location. Meeting will start at 1PM. Masks will be required. No food is allowed. Maximum count of 50 people. Tim has researched a possible location for our next swap/auction that is near where we normally me...
  4. kcmikey

Other club events outside of KC

Has anyone gone to any events held by other club near KC? Like the Nebraska swap or the Eastern Iowa swap? Just wondering what folks learned and share your thoughts on things we could try with our club.. Mike
  5. kcmikey

This Saturday!!!! NWAAS - Swap meet - May 15th in Rogers, Arkansas

Be sure to click on the NWAAS Link for details! Here is a link to the event at NWAAS (Northwest Area Aquarium Society) https://www.facebook.com/groups/nwaas/announcements Can anyone say ROADTRIP!!!??? Their Swap is Saturday, May 15th from 11 to 2 PM.
  6. kcmikey

GCCA Online Meeting - Sunday, April 11th 8PM Central

We need your feedback! Having trouble seeing this email? Click here to view it online Sundays with Cichlids Free Webinar Sunday, April 11th at 8PM Central Time Joe Gargas "What's New in Aquarium Fish Keeping" Join from your Phone or Computer Feel free to forward this...
  7. kcmikey

Meeting, meeting, meeting!!!! April 10th, 2021! Finally!!!

Please pay attention to the rules that we have to adhere to for the Church. We will not have any food or drinks provided by the club (and drinking fountains are turned off). There will be a limit of 40 people, but we haven't had that many folks except during special events. If we get over 40, we...
  8. kcmikey

Pelvicachromis pulcher available - Kribs!!! Raymore, MO

I have some kribs available. Still pretty small but they are outgrowing their tank and its time for me to think about thinning the heard. They are about 3/4" right now but growing like weeds. 6 fish for $5 if anyone is interested. Mike Meyer 913-568-4014 in Raymore, MO.
  9. kcmikey

Kurt Zahringer talk tonight on native fish!

Know Your Speaker - Kurt Zahringer - YouTube Live meeting at MASI on March 18th at 7:30PM, but you can watch this video on Kurt if you can't make it to St. Louis!
  10. kcmikey

Stephen Tanner on Plecos - NOW!!!

Dr. Tanner is discussing plecos as I type this. Here is a link. Starting about 12:15 this afternoon. CDT. Here is the link...
  11. kcmikey

Convicts available - FREE,FREE,FREE!

Free to good home! One large pink convict and about 5 smaller normal colored varieties. I am in Raymore, MO. Mike 913-568-4014 or michael@meyer.net Call, Text or Email. Happy to meet up with folks in other parts of town, especially local pet stores :}
  12. kcmikey

Fairview Christian Church - Sort of an update

Fairview Christian Church I posted this link to the Church where we normally meet. That way people can see a little of the background of what the HAAS Team is working thru to have meetings going forward. Basically to summarize, they are not having any gatherings until March 7th. That is their...
  13. kcmikey

Minnesota Zoom Meeting - Mike Hellweg - March 4th, 2021 7PM.

Need our fish fix and Covid is not cooperating? The Minnesota club is having a virtual meeting that is open to the public on Thursday Evening, March 4th. The guest speaker is Mike Hellweg. He is a great speaker, author and wonderful fish guy. Let's show the St. Louis club that we are bigger fans...
  14. kcmikey

Sorry site was down

Our website provider made an update to our servers and since they renamed the servers we had to go to our URL provider to fix that renaming. Sorry for the hiccup. Hope everyone can get back on and read their posts ok. Mike
  15. kcmikey

Introduce yourself

Thought this would be a well needed fun activity where each of us can introduce ourselves and tell us a little bit about what you like to do in the aquarium hobby. Name: Where you live: Family? Club affiliations: How long in the hobby?: Favorite types of fish: Anything else you are into beside...
  16. kcmikey

Check out the latest posts on our fish forum!!!

Click here to check out the latest posts on our fish forum. A place to talk about all aquatic stuff in the KC and surrounding areas! HAAS community (kcfishclub.org)
  17. kcmikey

Oh the weather outside is frightful

Hope everyone is doing OK in this deep freeze. If anyone needs help, please post!!! My fishroom is the warmest room in the house! Might have to hide in there more!
  18. kcmikey

Misc Fish Available - Raymore,, MO

I have a couple odds and ends available if anyone is interested. Some West African kribs - juveniles - almost sexable almost 1 inch in length - $1 each - Great little cichlids! Thorichthys ellioti - Good sized adult - $5 Panamense cichlids - Cool pastel mauve and grey colored cichlid. Stays...
  19. kcmikey

Catfish Cataclysm - Middleton, WI - Friday, Oct 8 thru Sunday, Oct 11th

Since we haven't finalized any local club events, I thought I'd share some info on a national event hosted in Wisconsin. It's only 7-8 hours away! If you like those cute, adorable, expensive or "ugly" catfish, then you need to get to this event. It is a super fun event where you have access to...
  20. kcmikey

Next meeting - Elections Updated for 2021

Meeting tentatively on for April 10, 2021!!!! Our next meeting is yet to be scheduled. It will be in 2021. During this next meeting we will elect new officers. If you have any interest in serving on the HAAS leadership team or want to get involved in helping out on any of the committees, please...