Auction Rules: As of January 24th, 2017
- Seller check-in starts at 10:30am and ends at noon.
- Sellers must use the current auction software to input their items. No PDF seller sheets or labels will be allowed. Only items in the online database will be auctioned.
- All items offered for sale must be aquarium hobby related.
- Equipment must be clean and noted as to quality and workability.
- There is a limit of 50 items per person or family, 5 bags of like species / color variety, or dry good items submitter per seller. You can put a min bid on any items you choose. If you are not there to lower the limit if necessary, it will go on the floor until you pick it up. If it's not picked up at the end of the auction we will give it away for free.
- All livestock must be clearly identified with scientific or common name, number of fish in bag identified as pair (M/F), Breeding pair (M/F that have spawned) or sex, if known, and sellers email address (the auction website will put these on your labels).
- Color dots may be used to prioritize items in the auction. If this auction is using colored dots, you can select which of your items should be auctioned off earlier. Sellers may not trade or give away dots with other sellers. Any bags without a colored dot will be auctioned at the end of the auction.
- Sellers may decide to sell any of their items at the “Buy It Now” table. These items will go for a set amount of time as deemed by the auction staff. If not sold, they will be added to the regular auction if the seller does not pick them up. These tables are not currently being used.
- Livestock must be healthy. No fish visibly diseased will be sold in the auction.
- No ZiplockTM bags or sandwich bags are to be used for fish.
- Fish must be bagged properly, 1/3 water & 2/3 air, unless it is a KordonTM breathing bag, then no air is needed.
- Auction split will be 70/30 with 70% going to seller and 30% going to club for club members. For non-club members it will be 60/40 split with 60% going to seller and 40% going to the club.
- No felt tipped markers should be used on bags.
- Payouts to the seller will be available 30 days following the auction. Checks not cashed within 6 months will be considered a donation to HAAS.
- Any item not sold or picked up by the end of the auction will become property of HAAS if not picked up at the end of the auction.
- All decisions of the Auction Chairperson are final.
- Viewing starts at 11:00am. Obtain your bidder card and check in to bid.
- Bids will be accepted in dollar increments.
- All purchases become the responsibility of the buyer when sold.
- For a nominal fee of $1.00 you may move up to be auction immediately. The Express Bids will only be taken after the first 2 hours of the auction have passed. Please take bag to runner.
- We will be accepting checks or cash for payment. A $25.00 fee will be charged for any non sufficient funds or returned checks. Refusal to pay check and fee will result in prosecution.
- We of the HAAS, nor the auction location site, will not and cannot be held liable for injuries, or lost or stolen items while on these premises.